EMG Tubes and Accessories
The EMG Endotracheal Tube is designed to monitor electromyographic (EMG) signals from the vocal cords during thyroid surgery.
This flexible endotracheal tube is ﬁtted with four stainless steel cable electrodes (two pairs) embedded in the main shaft of the endotracheal tube, and exposed only for a short distance, slightly superior to the cuff, for contacting the vocal cords. The electrodes are designed to make contact with the patient’s vocal cords to facilitate electromyographic (EMG) monitoring of the vocal cords during surgery of the neck when connected to an EMG monitoring device. The tube allows the tube to conform readily to the shape of the patient’s trachea with minimal trauma to tissues.
IOM Endotracheal Tube
IOM Endotracheal Tube Set
Application and Indication of Use
- The EMG Endotracheal Tube is used as a means of providing both an open airway for patient ventilation and for intraoperative monitoring of EMG activity of the intrinsic laryngeal musculature when connected to an appropriate EMG monitor.
The tubes are designed to make contact with the patient’s vocal cords to facilitate electromyographic (EMG) monitoring of the vocal cords during surgery.
PSG Key Features:
- Synchronised EEG examination and PSG recording enable for more sophisticated clinical applications
- PSG hardware integrated into EEG amplifier – No additional hardware space, negligible weight difference, easy hardware management and connection
- Multiple channels available for PSG recording:
- Air Flow
- Thoracic and Abdominal Respiration (RESP)
- Respiration leading tone is featured to gain patient’s respiration frequency during deep respiration events
Endotracheal Tube and IOM amplifier connection
Sizes and Models
Other Accessories for IOM Surgery
Paired needle electrode
Single needle eLectrode
Monopolar / Bi-polar Stimulation probe