EMG Tubes and Accessories
The EMG Endotracheal Tube is designed to monitor electromyographic (EMG) signals from the vocal cords during thyroid surgery.
This flexible endotracheal tube is ﬁtted with four stainless steel cable electrodes (two pairs) embedded in the main shaft of the endotracheal tube, and exposed only for a short distance, slightly superior to the cuff, for contacting the vocal cords. The electrodes are designed to make contact with the patient’s vocal cords to facilitate electromyographic (EMG) monitoring of the vocal cords during surgery of the neck when connected to an EMG monitoring device. The tube allows the tube to conform readily to the shape of the patient’s trachea with minimal trauma to tissues.
IOM Endotracheal Tube
IOM Endotracheal Tube Set
Application and Indication of Use
- The EMG Endotracheal Tube is used as a means of providing both an open airway for patient ventilation and for intraoperative monitoring of EMG activity of the intrinsic laryngeal musculature when connected to an appropriate EMG monitor.
The tubes are designed to make contact with the patient’s vocal cords to facilitate electromyographic (EMG) monitoring of the vocal cords during surgery.
PSG Key Features:
- A probe stimulates nerves and other tissues through connection to a monitor so as to transmit electrophysiological parameters
- There are 4 embedded wires located outside for signal receiving
- It is not a heating electrode probe
- Nominal cross-sectional area of the continuous seal cable is not less than 0.05mm2
- Product is sterile
- Product is electrically insulated
- Impedance 1.1Ω, error ±10%.
Endotracheal Tube and IOM amplifier connection
Sizes and Models
Other Accessories for IOM Surgery
Paired needle electrode
Single needle eLectrode
Monopolar / Bi-polar Stimulation probe