NBETTER Stroke Rehabilitation System
Neurostyle Brain Exercise Therapy Towards Enhanced Recovery (nBETTER) is a rehabilitation system that detects visualized movements of stroke-affected limbs using Electroencephalography (EEG) based Neuro-feedback to provide visually engaging and mechanical feedback for exercising the brain towards better post-stroke recovery.
The FIRST Brain Computer Interface (BCI) based Stroke Rehabilitation System in the market With new stroke rehab: Build new motor control pathway in the brain directly.
nBETTER can be used as a standalone application or deployed as an intranet or internet application (by putting some modules on the server). The subject’s information, performance parameters and recorded EEG signals are used to give input for neurofeedback.
What is NBETTER
Stroke Rehabilitation System which can significantly improve Motor Function recovery in Disabled Post-stroke Patients
- Brain-Computer interface (BCI) based Stroke Rehabilitation System
- Configured for rehabilitation in Chronic and Sub-Acute stroke
- Motor Imagery with Virtual Reality (VR) feedback mechanism
- Innovative algorithm that is clinically-tested to detect patient’s motor intent
- Portable and lightweight system
- Suitable for deployment in Hospitals, Rehabilitation clinic, bedside or home
EEG Cap electrode cables (24 cables bundle)
EEG Cap with electrode cables connected
Single-plug EEG electrode with cap
The brain’s ability to reorganize itself by forming new neural connections throughout life. Neuroplasticity allows the neurons (nerve cells) in the brain to compensate for injury and disease and to adjust their activities in response to new situations or to changes in their environment.
Neuroplasticity is like travelling from point A to B
The nerve cells in the brain
to mold, sculpt or modify
If the road going to point B is damaged (same way as having brain damage).
What happens is we take a different/alternative route going to point B. (forming New Neural Pathway)
Upon continuous times of taking the same route, we get to memorize the route. (same way as new neural pathways being strengthened)
NEUROPLASTICITY can be achieved through continuous practice and exercise.
NBETTER System Components
- Used for the acquisition of the patient’s brain signal
- Used to Understand brain status
Physical Feedback Device (CPM)
- Performs the physical rehabilitation of affected limb
- The software gives signal which triggers the action of the CPM
- Low cost and Long-term Rehabilitation
- Controlled Environments
- Motivation Mechanism
- Personalized Tasks and Feedback