An Electromyography (EMG) is a device that uses a neuropsychological technique for examining muscle response or electrical activity of skeletal muscles in response to a nerve’s stimulation of the muscle. It incorporates electrodes that pick up the electrical (EMG) signals and send them to display on an oscilloscope (an oscilloscope is a monitor which shows the electrical signal or muscles response in the form of waves). These signals are essential to track the information about the performance of muscles and nerves. Besides the visual representation, an audio-amplifier stays intact to the machine to hear the muscles activities. The signals can be easily detected from the skin surface by using surface Ag (sliver) or AgCl (silver chloride) bipolar electrodes.
Whereas Electroencephalogram (EEG machine) is a device that monitors the electrical activities of the brain cells produced by neurons. This machine is generally employed to record brain wave abnormalities to detect brain’s activity. Like EMG it also contains electrodes that are placed on the scalp for recording the brain wave patterns.
The signals received by electrodes are typically very small (approximately 10microVolts or less). To get accurate measurements the signals are escalated to the amplifier system which stabilises those signals and magnifies them to a certain level. The amplified signals are further passed through electronic components which convert those signals into digital signals. The amplified EMG signals are then passed through filters for display setting – the high-pass filter filters out the slow artefacts and the low pass filter filters out high-frequency artefacts. After this process, an analogue-to-digital converter converts the signal into a digital signal which is displayed or can be recorded on a computer, mobile, or cloud database.
Uses of EMG Machine
- The device is generally used in hospitals to detect neuromuscular abnormalities.
- The EMG machines are widely used in clinical settings to monitor or examine the muscular cells while they are active and during resting state or voluntary movement.
- Electromyography devices are widely used in the field of research to study kinesiology, motor control disorder, etc.
- The technique has also been employed for advanced games such as Myogames which are often used in the rehabilitation process to improve the patient’s myoelectrical control.
- The EMG recording and analysis are powerful techniques that can also be used to identify the health status of the motor system, sometimes they are also used to typify and localize peripheral and central irregularities and lesions.
- The reading can also be employed to determine the temporal course and stringency of motor system abnormalities.
- To determine and examine the effectiveness of treatment procedures.
- The singles can further be utilised to activate external assistive tools like orthoses and prosthesis.
- The EMG signals are utilized during brain surgeries for neuropsychological mapping to Monitor the eloquent areas.
Uses of EEG Machines
- EEG devices are widely used in clinics and hospitals for the diagnosis of patients in coma, depth of anaesthesia, patients of sleeping disorder, and brain dead.
- The EEG process is employed as a first-line method to treat brain tumours, brain strokes and focal brains.
- The device has extensive use in the field of various research.
- The EEG techniques have also been employed in various gamings.
- There are tons of EMG machines such as Muse, headband, NeuroSky, Emotiv insight, Macrotellect etc which are used to improve meditation, sleep, to enhance understanding of mentally challenged patients.
There are a lot more uses of these two machines in the medical field. And now the uses and benefits are continuously stretching their arms and finding their way to benefit us in our daily lives.
If you’re looking to buy these feature-loaded machines then consider neuro style. To know more about our EMG & EEG machines call us at (65) 6563-2678 or email [email protected]